frequently asked questions
The first step is to call and do a simple screening with one of our compassionate staff.
Call anytime, 24/7:
No visitors are permitted.
Cell phones are not permitted during 30-day residential treatment. There is a telephone sign-up sheet that must be completed the night before to make a call for the next day.
- Clients may have one 10-minute phone call per day.
- Calls may be placed between 4:30 PM – 7:50 PM.
- Business calls (Sponsors, Lawyers, Probation and Parole, Insurance, and Sober Living Homes) may be placed during the day during free time at the discretion of the staff.
Cell phones are permitted after your 30-day residential treatment when you step down to the Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP).
Items may be mailed anytime, drop-offs are very limited at this time due to COVID-19.
It depends on what the drop-off is, and if the clients are allowed to have it.
Please reference the approved list of items that clients are allowed to have while in treatment, this list is directly in the response below.
Please address all mail to our main office for proper distribution:
Name of Client
C/O The Commitment House
723 Hawkins Drive
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
The items that you bring to 30-day residential treatment must be unopened and CAN NOT contain alcohol in the first three ingredients.
- Five outfits
- Shower shoes
- Laundry detergent*
- Personal hygiene items* (unopened)
- Non-perishable snacks (you cannot access a refrigerator but may use a microwave).
- Coffee (unopened)
- Money for vending machines
- Medium-sized lock for a locker
- Prescription medication in their correct containers (subject to approval and assessment by our medical team)
- Release papers from jail (if applicable)
- Bedding is already provided.
*We can provide these items to you if you do not have them.
Yes, you may bring unopened cigarette packs or cartons. You are allowed to smoke in designated smoking areas.
Still need help?
We enjoy adapting our strategies to offer every client the best solutions that are at the forefront of the industry.